FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) - Mercury Marine plans to hire about 170 new employees at its Fond duc Lac facilities this month.
The Fond du Lac-based manufacturer of recreational boat motors says most of the available positions are in manufacturing areas. Mercury Marine says it is ramping up production in 2013 to keep pace with what company leaders call "unprecedented" demand for its most popular engines.
Workers starting out can earn as much as $14.90 per hour. Full- and part-time jobs are available.
WLUK-TV reports Mercury Marine has hired about 1,100 employees in the past three years since it began consolidating its operations in Stillwater, Okla., to Fond du Lac.
Mercury is a division of Brunswick Corp.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls