FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) - Mercury Marine plans to hire about 170 new employees at its Fond duc Lac facilities this month.
The Fond du Lac-based manufacturer of recreational boat motors says most of the available positions are in manufacturing areas. Mercury Marine says it is ramping up production in 2013 to keep pace with what company leaders call "unprecedented" demand for its most popular engines.
Workers starting out can earn as much as $14.90 per hour. Full- and part-time jobs are available.
WLUK-TV reports Mercury Marine has hired about 1,100 employees in the past three years since it began consolidating its operations in Stillwater, Okla., to Fond du Lac.
Mercury is a division of Brunswick Corp.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?