FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) - Mercury Marine has begun a $20 million expansion at its Fond du Lac headquarters.
The construction plans were made after the company decided three years ago to move its Stillwater, Okla., operations to Fond du Lac.
Company spokesman Steve Fleming says the expansion will help Mercury stay competitive in the marine engine industry.
The Reporter of Fond du Lac reports that the areas being expanded include product development and manufacturing.
The company says about 90 percent of the construction work will be performed by Wisconsin companies.
Mercury Marine has more than 5,000 employees, including about 2,550 in Fond du Lac.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather