FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) - Mercury Marine has begun a $20 million expansion at its Fond du Lac headquarters.
The construction plans were made after the company decided three years ago to move its Stillwater, Okla., operations to Fond du Lac.
Company spokesman Steve Fleming says the expansion will help Mercury stay competitive in the marine engine industry.
The Reporter of Fond du Lac reports that the areas being expanded include product development and manufacturing.
The company says about 90 percent of the construction work will be performed by Wisconsin companies.
Mercury Marine has more than 5,000 employees, including about 2,550 in Fond du Lac.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?