ELKHORN, Wis. (AP) - A former president of Big Brothers Big Sisters in southeastern Wisconsin is scheduled to face trial on charges of child sexual abuse.
A Janesville Gazette report says 51-year-old Rodney J. Meiller of Elkhorn is charged with three counts of repeated sexual assault involving two boys, ages 14 and 11.
At a court appearance Friday a Walworth County judge set a trial date of April 22.
Police say the alleged assaults took place in the Lake Geneva YMCA. Both the YMCA and Big Brothers Big Sisters have cut all ties with Meiller.
A working phone number for Meiller couldn't be found Saturday. A message left with his defense attorney was not immediately returned.
Meiller was the president of the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rock, Walworth and Jefferson.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration