OAK CREEK, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources says five men could be fined for dressing a deer -- only this has nothing to do with hunting.
A YouTube video shows the men setting up an elaborate trap, then wrestling with a struggling deer as they put a yellow T-shirt on the animal. The men are laughing as the deer eventually runs away in Oak Creek.
DNR warden Kaitlin Kernosky tells WTMJ-TV "it's tough to see someone act like that toward a wild animal." The DNR says the men in the video have been identified and could face a fine of at least $300 each.
Local residents have reported seeing the deer. Only part of the shirt remains around its neck. The video has been taken off YouTube.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death