OAK CREEK, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources says five men could be fined for dressing a deer -- only this has nothing to do with hunting.
A YouTube video shows the men setting up an elaborate trap, then wrestling with a struggling deer as they put a yellow T-shirt on the animal. The men are laughing as the deer eventually runs away in Oak Creek.
DNR warden Kaitlin Kernosky tells WTMJ-TV "it's tough to see someone act like that toward a wild animal." The DNR says the men in the video have been identified and could face a fine of at least $300 each.
Local residents have reported seeing the deer. Only part of the shirt remains around its neck. The video has been taken off YouTube.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Alcohol use among Wisconsin senior citizens on the rise
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention