MENOMONIE, Wis. (AP) - A memorial service will be held this month for a longtime chancellor at the University of Wisconsin-Stout.
Eighty-eight-year-old Chancellor Robert Swanson died Jan. 27.
He was chancellor at UW-Stout from 1972 to 1988 and part of the school for more than 40 years, including as a student, professor and dean.
The memorial service and celebration of his life will be held Feb. 16 at the university's Harvey Hall Theatre. It will be streamed live on the UW-Stout website.
The family requests that memorials be directed to Stout University Foundation, Alzheimer's Association or a charity of the donor's choice.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking