MENOMONIE, Wis. (AP) - A memorial service will be held this month for a longtime chancellor at the University of Wisconsin-Stout.
Eighty-eight-year-old Chancellor Robert Swanson died Jan. 27.
He was chancellor at UW-Stout from 1972 to 1988 and part of the school for more than 40 years, including as a student, professor and dean.
The memorial service and celebration of his life will be held Feb. 16 at the university's Harvey Hall Theatre. It will be streamed live on the UW-Stout website.
The family requests that memorials be directed to Stout University Foundation, Alzheimer's Association or a charity of the donor's choice.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest