LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community members came together Monday to remember those fallen in the Wisconsin workforce.
It was part of Worker's Memorial Day.
An event put together by the Western Wisconsin AFL-CIO honored those lost or injured while on the job.
It was the 30th annual remembrance.
Crosses were planted in the ground to memorialize the deceased.
"It's really a time to reflect on those workers and their families, people that have been injured or lost their life on the job. As well as to make the pledge that we all work together to make our workplaces safer," said La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat.
78 men and women were honored.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget