LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A medication drop off will be held at the La Crosse County Household Hazardous Materials site, 6500 State Road in La Crosse, on Saturday, August 16.
You can drop off your unwanted or unused medications from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday.
"We'll take all medications, liquids and pills, patches, creams, anything like that, if somebody has cough syrup with codeine, we can take needles, we can take thermometers, mercury thermometers, we'll be glad to take that," said La Crosse County Special Waste Manager Randy Nedrelo.
Here are the items you can drop off:
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-counter medications
- Tablets and capsules
- Inhalers, Patches
The site is also accepting the following household hazardous waste:
- Mercury thermometers
- Fluorescent lamps and electronics
- Paint, solvents, etc.
- Oil, antifreeze, oil filters
- Pesticides and yard chemicals
- Cleaners and pool chemicals
Visit www.lacrossecounty.org/HHM or call (608) 785-999 for more information and for future drop off dates.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- Walker administration renews self-insurance push
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife