LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A medication drop off will be held at the La Crosse County Household Hazardous Materials site, 6500 State Road in La Crosse, on Saturday, August 16.
You can drop off your unwanted or unused medications from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday.
"We'll take all medications, liquids and pills, patches, creams, anything like that, if somebody has cough syrup with codeine, we can take needles, we can take thermometers, mercury thermometers, we'll be glad to take that," said La Crosse County Special Waste Manager Randy Nedrelo.
Here are the items you can drop off:
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-counter medications
- Tablets and capsules
- Inhalers, Patches
The site is also accepting the following household hazardous waste:
- Mercury thermometers
- Fluorescent lamps and electronics
- Paint, solvents, etc.
- Oil, antifreeze, oil filters
- Pesticides and yard chemicals
- Cleaners and pool chemicals
Visit www.lacrossecounty.org/HHM or call (608) 785-999 for more information and for future drop off dates.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion