LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A medication drop off will be held at the La Crosse County Household Hazardous Materials site, 6500 State Road in La Crosse, on Saturday, August 16.
You can drop off your unwanted or unused medications from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday.
"We'll take all medications, liquids and pills, patches, creams, anything like that, if somebody has cough syrup with codeine, we can take needles, we can take thermometers, mercury thermometers, we'll be glad to take that," said La Crosse County Special Waste Manager Randy Nedrelo.
Here are the items you can drop off:
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-counter medications
- Tablets and capsules
- Inhalers, Patches
The site is also accepting the following household hazardous waste:
- Mercury thermometers
- Fluorescent lamps and electronics
- Paint, solvents, etc.
- Oil, antifreeze, oil filters
- Pesticides and yard chemicals
- Cleaners and pool chemicals
Visit www.lacrossecounty.org/HHM or call (608) 785-999 for more information and for future drop off dates.
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday