MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A tracker of campaign advertising says Republican Gov. Scott Walker is only running attack ads against Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and not his rival Kathleen Falk.
Walker's campaign on Thursday announced it had produced ads attacking both Falk and Barrett, but would not say where the ads were running.
Ken Goldstein of Kantar Media/Campaign Media Analysis Group said Friday that the Barrett ad is the only one running on stations across Wisconsin. Barrett spokesman Phil Walzak says that shows Walker views Barrett as his likely opponent in the June 5 election.
Walker's campaign spokeswoman Ciara Matthews declined to comment.
The Democratic primary is May 8. In addition to Barrett and Falk, Secretary of State Doug La Follette and state Sen. Kathleen Vinehout are also running.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration