LA CROSSE, Wis. - A La Crosse mayoral candidate is giving his ideas about how to boost economic development in the city.
Tim Kabat says we need to hold the line on property taxes, which makes growing out tax base important. He identified several sites the city could begin developing, including the mobile oil site in La Crosse.
Kabat also plans on increasing transparency at city hall and he wants to hold regular city business roundtable meetings to get direct input from local business.
"I would like to just make this a very regular, relationship building meeting where they are free to talk about their challenges, their opportunities as business people, learn about what's going on in the city, and then the city government could then also learn from those businesses," Kabat said.
Kabat, the current Downtown Main Street Incorporated director, is one of eleven candidates running for mayor of La Crosse.18219008
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government