LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The city of La Crosse is taking steps to quickly resolve any issues with owner of the Municipal Boat Harbor.
The Board of Public Works granted Mayor Tim Kabat the power to forgo any meetings with the city before making legal decisions on the Harbor.
The board found the owner of the boat harbor in default on a number of payments to the city.
The resolution gives the mayor the ability to take legal action if needed when dealing with the harbor.
The mayor hopes the decision will prevent any stand still. "I think the council has been pretty clear on wanting this whole matter resolved. This step allows it to move forward more quickly," said Mayor Kabat.
Last week, the city gave the harbor owner 30 days to insure his property and resolve any unpaid bills.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death