LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse Mayor Matt Harter is once again using his veto power on a City Council resolution.
The mayor disagrees with the decision to dissolve the monthly Committee of the Whole meeting which serves as a public forum for council issues.
Some committee members say the meeting was redundant and took away efficiency.
In his veto, Harter says the current process allows ample public input and is not overly burdensome, and getting rid of the meeting is not an improvement to the legislative process.
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say
- Man fatally shot in Waterloo, authorities say
- 2 in custody for downtown Duluth shooting