LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse Mayor Matt Harter is once again using his veto power on a City Council resolution.
The mayor disagrees with the decision to dissolve the monthly Committee of the Whole meeting which serves as a public forum for council issues.
Some committee members say the meeting was redundant and took away efficiency.
In his veto, Harter says the current process allows ample public input and is not overly burdensome, and getting rid of the meeting is not an improvement to the legislative process.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls