BURLINGTON, Wis. (AP) -- Burlington Mayor Bob Miller says officials from the Echo Lake Foods egg processing plant would like to rebuild at their current site after last week's fire.
Miller says he met Monday with Echo Lake Foods owners and management as well as with officials from the state and Racine County.
He tells The Journal Times (http://bit.ly/WsE1RN ) that 60 percent of the plant is still standing and usable.
The mayor says no timeline for rebuilding has been set.
About 300 workers were displaced after a fire broke out last Wednesday at the plant. The fire escalated to eight alarms, requiring fire assistance from across southeast Wisconsin as well as northern Illinois.
An investigation by the state fire marshal's office found no criminal intent, but the fire's cause and origin remain under investigation.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance