BURLINGTON, Wis. (AP) -- Burlington Mayor Bob Miller says officials from the Echo Lake Foods egg processing plant would like to rebuild at their current site after last week's fire.
Miller says he met Monday with Echo Lake Foods owners and management as well as with officials from the state and Racine County.
He tells The Journal Times (http://bit.ly/WsE1RN ) that 60 percent of the plant is still standing and usable.
The mayor says no timeline for rebuilding has been set.
About 300 workers were displaced after a fire broke out last Wednesday at the plant. The fire escalated to eight alarms, requiring fire assistance from across southeast Wisconsin as well as northern Illinois.
An investigation by the state fire marshal's office found no criminal intent, but the fire's cause and origin remain under investigation.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion