LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It's been ten years since Mayo Clinic health system opened its Center for Advanced Medicine and Surgery.
Members from the center invited the public to celebrate its 10 year anniversary Thursday. The building is home to the clinic's ntegrated cancer program and surgical practices.
The celebration was a way to say thank you to everyone who has made the building a decade of success.
"It's a beautiful space because it's very functional and it's very efficient in its design. It's kind of gem in our portfolio of buildings," said Joe Kruse, Chief Administrator for the clinic.
Since opening the building in 2004, the clinic's surgical cases and number of patients treated for cancer has doubled.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington