LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It's been ten years since Mayo Clinic health system opened its Center for Advanced Medicine and Surgery.
Members from the center invited the public to celebrate its 10 year anniversary Thursday. The building is home to the clinic's ntegrated cancer program and surgical practices.
The celebration was a way to say thank you to everyone who has made the building a decade of success.
"It's a beautiful space because it's very functional and it's very efficient in its design. It's kind of gem in our portfolio of buildings," said Joe Kruse, Chief Administrator for the clinic.
Since opening the building in 2004, the clinic's surgical cases and number of patients treated for cancer has doubled.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.