MENOMONIE, Wis. (AP) - Northwestern Wisconsin is dealing with a dose of winter deja vu as the region is buried under more than a foot of new snow.
Students in the region have another snow day Thursday. Menomonie, River Falls, Chetek, Rice Lake, Barron and Durand are among school districts that canceled classes.
The National Weather Service reported 14 inches of snow has fallen in Ellsworth with 9 inches in River Falls and 8 inches in Ashland. Utility crews worked to restore power to hundreds of Xcel customers in the region.
Early Thursday, two semis collided on Interstate 94 in Dunn County, killing one driver and injuring the other. The State Patrol said it was not immediately known if the weather was a factor in the crash.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure