MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The University of Wisconsin-Madison is opening its Air Force ROTC program to students enrolled at Madison Area Technical College.
Before the agreement was signed Friday, MATC students had to transfer to UW-Madison before they could enroll in the Air Force ROTC program. That made it difficult for them to complete officer training, which requires candidates to be in the program for three years.
Capt. Jesse Somann is the unit admissions officer for Air Force ROTC Detachment 925 at UW-Madison. Somann ays he's had a number of calls from MATC students who are interested in joining the program. The UW-Madison Air Force ROTC has similar agreements with UW-Whitewater, Edgewood College and Maranatha Baptist Bible College in Watertown.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore