MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The University of Wisconsin-Madison is opening its Air Force ROTC program to students enrolled at Madison Area Technical College.
Before the agreement was signed Friday, MATC students had to transfer to UW-Madison before they could enroll in the Air Force ROTC program. That made it difficult for them to complete officer training, which requires candidates to be in the program for three years.
Capt. Jesse Somann is the unit admissions officer for Air Force ROTC Detachment 925 at UW-Madison. Somann ays he's had a number of calls from MATC students who are interested in joining the program. The UW-Madison Air Force ROTC has similar agreements with UW-Whitewater, Edgewood College and Maranatha Baptist Bible College in Watertown.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure