MILWAUKEE (AP) - Firefighters have removed the body of a man from a river in downtown Milwaukee.
Construction crews working near the Milwaukee River discovered the body about 9 a.m. Thursday. There's no initial word on the identity of the body.
Police say the body appears to be that of a man in his 50s.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering