MANITOWOC, Wis. (AP) - The mayor of Manitowoc says his office has been flooded with emails to bring back the beer bottles.
So, the iconic Anheuser Busch bottles that have been part of the landscape in downtown Manitowoc for nearly 20 years could be preserved.
Riverland Ag Corp. bought the old malting plant from the beer maker last year. It had until the end of this year to remove the beer signage on three tall grain silos downtown.
WOMT radio reports Mayor Justin Nickels says he's gotten more than 1,100 emails over the past couple days from citizens, former residents and visitors encouraging the city to keep the landmark.
So, Nickels has proposed an ordinance that makes an allowance for the historical murals.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death