MANITOWOC, Wis. (AP) - The mayor of Manitowoc says his office has been flooded with emails to bring back the beer bottles.
So, the iconic Anheuser Busch bottles that have been part of the landscape in downtown Manitowoc for nearly 20 years could be preserved.
Riverland Ag Corp. bought the old malting plant from the beer maker last year. It had until the end of this year to remove the beer signage on three tall grain silos downtown.
WOMT radio reports Mayor Justin Nickels says he's gotten more than 1,100 emails over the past couple days from citizens, former residents and visitors encouraging the city to keep the landmark.
So, Nickels has proposed an ordinance that makes an allowance for the historical murals.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership