LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A man arrested in La Crosse Thursday night in connection to the death of his parents in Akron, Iowa is heading back to Iowa.
Jonathan Neunaber, 44, was held overnight in La Crosse County Jail. On Friday afternoon he waived his extradition, agreeing to go to Plymouth County, Iowa.
The Plymouth County Sheriff's Department is investigating a double homicide that happened at Neunaber's home in Akron, which is on the far west side of the state.
The preliminary investigation shows the bodies of Neunaber's parents, Donald Neunaber, 83, and Esther Neunaber, 80, were discovered late Wednesday in their home. Investigators believe the cause of death is murder, manslaughter, or other felonious homicide, according to a criminal complaint. Investigators said Donald and Esther may haven been dead for a number of days and possibly up to two weeks.
An autopsy is scheduled for Friday.
Authorities in Iowa say Jonathan Neunaber is consider a person of interest in the investigation and has not been charged with any crimes. He will be held without bond until he is surrendered to Iowa authorities.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Truck driver fatally crushed by pipe near Minneapolis
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday