MILWAUKEE (AP) - Milwaukee police say an armed man has been shot by an officer at a north side residence.
Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer says police were called to the home about 4 a.m. Tuesday on a report of a suicidal man. Stanmeyer says a sergeant went into the house, felt threatened by the armed man and shot him twice. Police say there were others in the home at the time, but no one else was injured.
The 56-year-old man was taken to the hospital. There's no immediate word on his condition.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest