MILWAUKEE (AP) - Milwaukee police say an armed man has been shot by an officer at a north side residence.
Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer says police were called to the home about 4 a.m. Tuesday on a report of a suicidal man. Stanmeyer says a sergeant went into the house, felt threatened by the armed man and shot him twice. Police say there were others in the home at the time, but no one else was injured.
The 56-year-old man was taken to the hospital. There's no immediate word on his condition.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands