LADYSMITH, Wis. (AP) - A man accused of fatally shooting his wife has pleaded not guilty in Rusk County Circuit Court.
Sixty-six-year-old Donald Lazar is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the Dec. 30 death of his wife, Darlene. Lazar told police he fired a gun, thinking it wasn't loaded, and shot his wife while she was on the phone with police. Prosecutors say he reloaded the rifle and shot her in the head.
The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram says Lazar is being held on $500,000 cash bond.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser