DES MOINES, IA (AP) - The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the man shot and killed by Madison police last weekend.
An autopsy Monday confirmed 59-year-old Charles Carll died of gunshot wounds. Three officers involved in the shooting are on paid leave. They were among officers called to a domestic dispute Saturday afternoon in Madison.
The State Journal reports officers were told the man had injured his wife, was suicidal and still armed with a knife. He says officers unsuccessfully tried to stun him with a Taser. He said the man ignored commands and continued acting aggressively to the officers, so they opened fire.
Authorities later determined the subject's wife was not injured.
The shooting was the third incident in nine months in which a Madison police officer has shot and killed someone.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US