BRIDGEPORT TOWNSHIP, Wis. (WKBT) - A Georgia man is in custody, facing First Degree Homicide charges in the death of a woman.
The Crawford Co. Sheriff says a 911 call was made Wednesday, Oct. 5th at about 12:20 in the morning from a residence on Velvet Lane in Bridgeport Township.
When officers arrived, they found the body of a woman lying on the ground outside of the residence. The woman was later identified as 53-year-old Linda L. Kline.
The sheriff says Kline's sister, 55-year-old Michelle Little and Kline's boyfriend, 48-year-old Jimmy McDaniel, were also at the residence.
An autopsy on Kline's body revealed she died as a result of a homicide.
The sheriff's department, along with the Prairie du Chien Police Department, arrested McDaniel Thursday while he was in the lobby of one of the local hotels in Prairie du Chien.
McDaniel was waiting for a ride to the La Crosse airport to fly back to Georgia.
McDaniel is being held in the Crawford Co. Jail awaiting a bond hearing on charges. That's scheduled for Monday afternoon.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases