BRIDGEPORT TOWNSHIP, Wis. (WKBT) - A Georgia man is in custody, facing First Degree Homicide charges in the death of a woman.
The Crawford Co. Sheriff says a 911 call was made Wednesday, Oct. 5th at about 12:20 in the morning from a residence on Velvet Lane in Bridgeport Township.
When officers arrived, they found the body of a woman lying on the ground outside of the residence. The woman was later identified as 53-year-old Linda L. Kline.
The sheriff says Kline's sister, 55-year-old Michelle Little and Kline's boyfriend, 48-year-old Jimmy McDaniel, were also at the residence.
An autopsy on Kline's body revealed she died as a result of a homicide.
The sheriff's department, along with the Prairie du Chien Police Department, arrested McDaniel Thursday while he was in the lobby of one of the local hotels in Prairie du Chien.
McDaniel was waiting for a ride to the La Crosse airport to fly back to Georgia.
McDaniel is being held in the Crawford Co. Jail awaiting a bond hearing on charges. That's scheduled for Monday afternoon.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016