BRIDGEPORT TOWNSHIP, Wis. (WKBT) - A Georgia man is in custody, facing First Degree Homicide charges in the death of a woman.
The Crawford Co. Sheriff says a 911 call was made Wednesday, Oct. 5th at about 12:20 in the morning from a residence on Velvet Lane in Bridgeport Township.
When officers arrived, they found the body of a woman lying on the ground outside of the residence. The woman was later identified as 53-year-old Linda L. Kline.
The sheriff says Kline's sister, 55-year-old Michelle Little and Kline's boyfriend, 48-year-old Jimmy McDaniel, were also at the residence.
An autopsy on Kline's body revealed she died as a result of a homicide.
The sheriff's department, along with the Prairie du Chien Police Department, arrested McDaniel Thursday while he was in the lobby of one of the local hotels in Prairie du Chien.
McDaniel was waiting for a ride to the La Crosse airport to fly back to Georgia.
McDaniel is being held in the Crawford Co. Jail awaiting a bond hearing on charges. That's scheduled for Monday afternoon.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota