SPARTA, WI - The Sparta Police Department arrested a Wisconsin Dells man on suspicion of driving while intoxicated after they say he drove more than 10 miles on Interstate 90 in the wrong direction.
Officers pulled 28 year old Matthew Guhrs over at around 12:30 Tuesday morning near Sparta, after they say he drove eastbound for more than 10 miles in the westbound lanes of the Interstate, while passing oncoming traffic.
Guhrs told police he was driving to Illinois and wasn't aware he had gone more than 10 miles on the wrong side of the Interstate.
Police say Guhrs showed signs of impairment, and failed field sobriety tests. Besides being arrested on suspicion of OWI, he was also cited for reckless driving, operating a motor vehicle without insurance, and driving the wrong way on a divided highway.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse