SHERWOOD, Wis. (AP) -- - A 42-year-old Sherwood man died after his all-terrain vehicle fell into open water on Lake Winnebago.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports the man spent about an hour under water.
The Calumet County Sheriff's Department says the man was traveling across the ice at High Cliff State Park Marina on Saturday with a companion who was on another machine.
The pair came to some open water. The person on the first ATV crossed the water, but the man on the second machine did not.
His name was not immediately released.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Walker: Not my job to remove Sheriff Clarke after jail death
- Minnesota woman gets probation for supporting al-Shabab