SHERWOOD, Wis. (AP) -- - A 42-year-old Sherwood man died after his all-terrain vehicle fell into open water on Lake Winnebago.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports the man spent about an hour under water.
The Calumet County Sheriff's Department says the man was traveling across the ice at High Cliff State Park Marina on Saturday with a companion who was on another machine.
The pair came to some open water. The person on the first ATV crossed the water, but the man on the second machine did not.
His name was not immediately released.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race