TOWN OF ADRIAN, WI - A Sparta man was critically injured in a one-vehicle crash in the town of Adrian early Friday morning. The Monroe County Sheriff's Department says alcohol is believed to be a contributing factor in the crash.
The sheriff's department says 21 year old Landon Wilson was driving on Highway 16 near Hazel Road when he crossed the center line, hit some trees, damaged the interstate fence, and ended up in a ditch. Wilson had to be extricated from the truck. Sparta Area Ambulance Service took Wilson to a La Crosse hospital with critical injuries.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department and the Wisconsin State Patrol are investigating.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?