A Mosinee man is charged with providing the heroin that authorities say was a factor in a fatal car crash.
Twenty-two-year-old Kyle Kennedy made an initial appearance in Marathon County Circuit Court Friday. The crash last March in Wausau killed the driver, Michael Dixon of Rothschild, and critically injured his 4-year-old son. Police say Dixon had heroin in his system at the time of the crash.
Daily Herald Media says Kennedy has been charged with delivery of heroin, obstructing an officer and bail jumping.
Judge Jill Falstad ordered Kennedy held on a $50,000 cash bond. A preliminary hearing is set for June 19.
Kennedy's attorney did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Teacher pleads not guilty to failure to report sex abuse
- Authorities ID man whose body was found in Des Moines River
- Minnesota man accused of trying to kidnap woman
- Local students compete in dairy cook off