A Mosinee man is charged with providing the heroin that authorities say was a factor in a fatal car crash.
Twenty-two-year-old Kyle Kennedy made an initial appearance in Marathon County Circuit Court Friday. The crash last March in Wausau killed the driver, Michael Dixon of Rothschild, and critically injured his 4-year-old son. Police say Dixon had heroin in his system at the time of the crash.
Daily Herald Media says Kennedy has been charged with delivery of heroin, obstructing an officer and bail jumping.
Judge Jill Falstad ordered Kennedy held on a $50,000 cash bond. A preliminary hearing is set for June 19.
Kennedy's attorney did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted