LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man is being accused of attacking a bartender with an Exacto knife over the weekend.
Paul Thomas is facing charges of substantial battery and first-degree recklessly endangering safety after allegedly attacking a bartender at Overtime Sports Bar on Ward Avenue in La Crosse.
According to police, Thomas was asked to leave the bar at closing time early Sunday morning. When Thomas refused to leave, the bartender removed Thomas from the bar with the help of his friends. Thomas then revealed an Exacto knife and attempted to stab the bartender.
Thomas was freed on a $2500 signature bond.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016