LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A Madison man is headed to jail for supplying heroin to another man who later died.
A La Crosse Co. judge sentenced Malachi Hankel, 28, to eight years of probation with the first year being in jail.
Hankel gave the heroin to Thomas Tremain, 48, of Barre who died from a combination of the heroin and other drugs.
Hankel will also have to complete 1,000 hours of community service.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years