LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A Madison man is headed to jail for supplying heroin to another man who later died.
A La Crosse Co. judge sentenced Malachi Hankel, 28, to eight years of probation with the first year being in jail.
Hankel gave the heroin to Thomas Tremain, 48, of Barre who died from a combination of the heroin and other drugs.
Hankel will also have to complete 1,000 hours of community service.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture