LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A Madison man is headed to jail for supplying heroin to another man who later died.
A La Crosse Co. judge sentenced Malachi Hankel, 28, to eight years of probation with the first year being in jail.
Hankel gave the heroin to Thomas Tremain, 48, of Barre who died from a combination of the heroin and other drugs.
Hankel will also have to complete 1,000 hours of community service.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse