GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Brown County authorities have announced a break in a cold-case homicide, charging an Oconto Falls man in the death of a teenager 15 years ago.
Green Bay police announced charges Friday against 52-year-old Peter Hanson. Investigators say at least one other person may have been involved.
He's accused in the death of 19-year-old Chad McLean of Green Bay, who disappeared in 1998 after a night of partying. His body was found a month later beneath a bridge.
A WLUK-TV report says Hanson has been in the Oconto County Jail since November on unrelated charges. He's expected to make an initial appearance next week on a charge of being party to first-degree intentional homicide.
Defense attorney John Wallace says it's too early to comment on the case.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked