BELOIT, Wis. (AP) - Beloit police say an Illinois man has been arrested in the theft of grave vases and military markers stolen from a Wisconsin graveyard.
Police in Roscoe, Ill., arrested 27-year-old Kristopher Kaehler Wednesday.
An arrest warrant had been issued for Kaehler in the theft of grave vases and military markers from Eastlawn Cemetery in Beloit. The warrant charges Kaehler with criminal damage to a cemetery and theft of more than $10,000 in property.
Beloit police began investigating the thefts in late December. As of mid-January, police had recovered 181 vases and 112 military grave markers from area scrap yards.
Kaehler is being held in the Winnebago County Jail in Illinois, awaiting extradition. Online court records do not list a defense attorney.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking