BELOIT, Wis. (AP) - Beloit police say an Illinois man has been arrested in the theft of grave vases and military markers stolen from a Wisconsin graveyard.
Police in Roscoe, Ill., arrested 27-year-old Kristopher Kaehler Wednesday.
An arrest warrant had been issued for Kaehler in the theft of grave vases and military markers from Eastlawn Cemetery in Beloit. The warrant charges Kaehler with criminal damage to a cemetery and theft of more than $10,000 in property.
Beloit police began investigating the thefts in late December. As of mid-January, police had recovered 181 vases and 112 military grave markers from area scrap yards.
Kaehler is being held in the Winnebago County Jail in Illinois, awaiting extradition. Online court records do not list a defense attorney.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race