SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - Sparta police arrested a 28-year-old man they say is responsible for two robberies in December.
Jeremy Hodgkins, of Sparta, robbed Casey's General Store on December 27 and the Dollar General Store on December 22, according to Sparta police.
Officers followed up on investigative tips and citizen tips when "it became evident that Hodgkins had committed the robbery" at Casey's General Store, 326 Black River Street. Police said they were also confident Hodgkins also robbed the Dollar General Store, 510, S. Black River Street.
Hodgkins was taken into custody on January 2, 2013 following an interview at the Sparta Police Department. He's scheduled to appear in court on Monday.
Sparta Police are still investigating a strong armed robbery that occurred in the 800 block of Charles Drive on December 27, 2013. The suspect in that robbery took money from a person going door-to-door for a charity fundraiser. That suspect was described as a white male, possibly in his twenties, between 5'3 and 5'4" tall, weighing about 140-150 lbs. The suspect was wearing a black jacket, black or dark colored jeans and a black ski mask.
Anyone with information on the December 27 robbery should contact the Sparta Police Department at (608) 269-3122.23914062
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Monday closings due to weather
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season