WEST ALLIS, Wis. (AP) - West Allis police say an 81-year-old man is dead after colliding with a squad car on its way to an accident.
The crash happened just before 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Police say the squad car was on its way to investigate an accident when it collided with another vehicle.
Authorities say the 81-year-old man driving the other vehicle died upon arrival at a hospital. His name is being withheld until relatives are notified.
The officer was conscious and also taken to the hospital. Police say he was treated for minor injuries and released.
The Wisconsin State Patrol has been asked to investigate the crash. The Milwaukee County District Attorney's office also was notified.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers