MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Madison police say a teenage father was taken into custody after a 5-month-old baby was tossed toward the child's mother during an argument.
Police say the baby was in a car seat but not buckled in when the 16-year-old father tossed the seat toward the baby's 15-year-old mother Friday evening.
Police say the car seat struck a concrete step, tipped and spilled the baby onto the front step of an apartment building. The baby began crying, was quickly picked up and did not appear to be hurt.
The father was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on suspicion of second-degree reckless endangerment.
WISC-TV reports Dane County Social Services was notified.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017