MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Madison police say a teenage father was taken into custody after a 5-month-old baby was tossed toward the child's mother during an argument.
Police say the baby was in a car seat but not buckled in when the 16-year-old father tossed the seat toward the baby's 15-year-old mother Friday evening.
Police say the car seat struck a concrete step, tipped and spilled the baby onto the front step of an apartment building. The baby began crying, was quickly picked up and did not appear to be hurt.
The father was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on suspicion of second-degree reckless endangerment.
WISC-TV reports Dane County Social Services was notified.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing