MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man misappropriated about $200,000 from an east side Little League group, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said they started working on the case in November 2012 when they received a complaint about the embezzlement of funds from the Kennedy Little League baseball organization.
Investigators said the fraudulent activity dates back to at least 2005.
The Little League's former president, Stephen L. Verhage, 59, was arrested on suspicion of multiple counts of theft and fraudulent writings.
Kennedy Little League has 60 baseball teams and serves around 650 children.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse