MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man misappropriated about $200,000 from an east side Little League group, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said they started working on the case in November 2012 when they received a complaint about the embezzlement of funds from the Kennedy Little League baseball organization.
Investigators said the fraudulent activity dates back to at least 2005.
The Little League's former president, Stephen L. Verhage, 59, was arrested on suspicion of multiple counts of theft and fraudulent writings.
Kennedy Little League has 60 baseball teams and serves around 650 children.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening