LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A well-known local businessman received recognition Monday for his continued support of our veterans.
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker presented Don Weber with a certificate of achievement.
Weber is the founder and CEO of Logistics Health in La Crosse, a veteran himself.
He's hoping to double the amount of veterans his company employs in the near future.
Weber believes in supporting veterans because of the sacrifices they've made and the opportunities he believes they deserve.
"I believe that the men and women who have served and are veterans - and our farmers - are the backbones of our country. We have the freedoms, we all get up everyday and too often we forget about them," said Weber.
"To show with the right leadership how businesses can stand up and not only hire more veterans, but can find new and unique ways to service and support veterans in our state," said Governor Walker.
Weber was recognized in March on a national level for this same reason.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest