LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A well-known local businessman received recognition Monday for his continued support of our veterans.
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker presented Don Weber with a certificate of achievement.
Weber is the founder and CEO of Logistics Health in La Crosse, a veteran himself.
He's hoping to double the amount of veterans his company employs in the near future.
Weber believes in supporting veterans because of the sacrifices they've made and the opportunities he believes they deserve.
"I believe that the men and women who have served and are veterans - and our farmers - are the backbones of our country. We have the freedoms, we all get up everyday and too often we forget about them," said Weber.
"To show with the right leadership how businesses can stand up and not only hire more veterans, but can find new and unique ways to service and support veterans in our state," said Governor Walker.
Weber was recognized in March on a national level for this same reason.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017