LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Loggers may have had an away game Monday afternoon, but fans could still watch the game from Copeland Park.
The game was streamed on the new video board for "Lunch and a Ball Game." Fans could come into the park for free and enjoy the game, and buy a Logger Dog for lunch if they wanted.
It's the first time they've been able to do something like this, and give fans the atmosphere of a game even when it's miles away. "With this brand new board we can do a lot of thing and this is just one neat feature here, especially when you throw in a pennant race and fans want to know what's going on and follow, they can come out here, and enjoy lunch, sit in their own seats if they want and enjoy the game live," said Loggers General Manager Chris Goodell.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota