LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Loggers may have had an away game Monday afternoon, but fans could still watch the game from Copeland Park.
The game was streamed on the new video board for "Lunch and a Ball Game." Fans could come into the park for free and enjoy the game, and buy a Logger Dog for lunch if they wanted.
It's the first time they've been able to do something like this, and give fans the atmosphere of a game even when it's miles away. "With this brand new board we can do a lot of thing and this is just one neat feature here, especially when you throw in a pennant race and fans want to know what's going on and follow, they can come out here, and enjoy lunch, sit in their own seats if they want and enjoy the game live," said Loggers General Manager Chris Goodell.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US