LA CROSSE, Wis. - A young woman from our area will soon have her artwork on display in the nation's Capitol.
Devon Lee, a Logan High School senior, was named the winner this weekend of the Third Congressional Art Competition held at UW-La Crosse.19662092
Her piece, titled "Sound," is a re-creation of an image of the moment that a young boy had his hearing restored.
"I just wanted to try and re-create the emotion of it in my own way," Lees said. "I used the charcoal because the photo is very grainy and I just wanted to get that effect. That's why I used that medium."
Lee and her family will be flown out to Washington, D.C. to see the picture on display. She will be attending the University of Minnesota next year and says she may pursue a degree in art.
- Area veterans visit cemeteries, honor fallen heroes
- Riverside Memorial Day ceremony honors sea-based service members
- Service members honored at La Crosse's Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse celebrates Memorial Day with annual parade
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- C-FC senior has second chance at state gold
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable