LA CROSSE, Wis. - A young woman from our area will soon have her artwork on display in the nation's Capitol.
Devon Lee, a Logan High School senior, was named the winner this weekend of the Third Congressional Art Competition held at UW-La Crosse.19662092
Her piece, titled "Sound," is a re-creation of an image of the moment that a young boy had his hearing restored.
"I just wanted to try and re-create the emotion of it in my own way," Lees said. "I used the charcoal because the photo is very grainy and I just wanted to get that effect. That's why I used that medium."
Lee and her family will be flown out to Washington, D.C. to see the picture on display. She will be attending the University of Minnesota next year and says she may pursue a degree in art.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin