LA CROSSE, Wis. - A young woman from our area will soon have her artwork on display in the nation's Capitol.
Devon Lee, a Logan High School senior, was named the winner this weekend of the Third Congressional Art Competition held at UW-La Crosse.19662092
Her piece, titled "Sound," is a re-creation of an image of the moment that a young boy had his hearing restored.
"I just wanted to try and re-create the emotion of it in my own way," Lees said. "I used the charcoal because the photo is very grainy and I just wanted to get that effect. That's why I used that medium."
Lee and her family will be flown out to Washington, D.C. to see the picture on display. She will be attending the University of Minnesota next year and says she may pursue a degree in art.
- Viterbo students spend one night homeless
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix
- City planners asking for more input on Highway 53 corridor plan
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Dayton blasts Trump's transgender bathroom reversal