LA CROSSE, Wis. - A local high school choir is preparing for a unique opportunity.
The Logan High School Select Choir left on a bus trip to Milwaukee Tuesday afternoon for a much anticipated performance with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra on Thursday.
They're one of four groups chosen from across the state to have the unique opportunity to sing with people who make music for a living.17575622
"I think it's a big honor for our kids to sit on the stage with a professional symphony and work with professional conductors, a great opportunity," said Logan's Vocal Music Director Doreen Athnos.
The students will also sing the national anthem at the Bucks game Wednesday night.
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say