ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The 7th annual Three Rivers Roleo log rolling tournament was held in Onalaska Saturday.
Athletes from around the world, as well as right here in La Crosse, participated in the event.
It's the second highest ranked tournament in the Midwest for pro-rollers. Organizers hope it opens more eyes to the sport.
"This is part of our history in Onalaska. On the site that we are currently on was a logging mill at one point and it ties us back to our roots back to our history," said Three Rivers Log Rolling Tournament Director Katie Rick.
Rick is also a competitor. She went up against another UW-La Crosse log roller for the women's championship last year.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests