ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The 7th annual Three Rivers Roleo log rolling tournament was held in Onalaska Saturday.
Athletes from around the world, as well as right here in La Crosse, participated in the event.
It's the second highest ranked tournament in the Midwest for pro-rollers. Organizers hope it opens more eyes to the sport.
"This is part of our history in Onalaska. On the site that we are currently on was a logging mill at one point and it ties us back to our roots back to our history," said Three Rivers Log Rolling Tournament Director Katie Rick.
Rick is also a competitor. She went up against another UW-La Crosse log roller for the women's championship last year.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony