ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The 7th annual Three Rivers Roleo log rolling tournament was held in Onalaska Saturday.
Athletes from around the world, as well as right here in La Crosse, participated in the event.
It's the second highest ranked tournament in the Midwest for pro-rollers. Organizers hope it opens more eyes to the sport.
"This is part of our history in Onalaska. On the site that we are currently on was a logging mill at one point and it ties us back to our roots back to our history," said Three Rivers Log Rolling Tournament Director Katie Rick.
Rick is also a competitor. She went up against another UW-La Crosse log roller for the women's championship last year.
- Kentucky shooting suspect might be headed to Wisconsin
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Man fatally stabs mother near Hudson, kills self after chase
- Waukesha police hope DNA cracks 1975 baby death cold case
- AP Exclusive: Drugs vanish at some VA hospitals
- Vehicle runs into river after driver swerves to avoid deer
- Milwaukee police arrest man in family member's killing
- 5 people wounded in Ames shooting that involved officers