WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - School kids in our area are joining forces with Operation Homefront, and they need your help.
Coulee Christian School is holding a donation drive on Monday, May 5th. They're looking for items to be used for care packages Operation Homefront will be sending to our troops overseas.
Here are some ideas of what they're looking for: Zip-Lock baggies, playing cards, razors, Chap-stick (SPF 15 or higher), coffee packets, beef jerky, on-the-go packs to flavor bottled water, protein/granola bars, baby wipes (non oily, in travel size packages), toothbrushes, toothpaste (travel size), travel size games, deodorant, eye drops, lotion (travel size), nasal spray, shampoo and conditioner (travel size).
You're also encouraged to write a letter of thanks and encouragement to service members.
If you'd like to show your support, the drive is running from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday at Coulee Christian School at 230 W. Garland Street in West Salem.
- Area veterans visit cemeteries, honor fallen heroes
- Riverside Memorial Day ceremony honors sea-based service members
- Service members honored at La Crosse's Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse celebrates Memorial Day with annual parade
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- C-FC senior has second chance at state gold
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable