WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - School kids in our area are joining forces with Operation Homefront, and they need your help.
Coulee Christian School is holding a donation drive on Monday, May 5th. They're looking for items to be used for care packages Operation Homefront will be sending to our troops overseas.
Here are some ideas of what they're looking for: Zip-Lock baggies, playing cards, razors, Chap-stick (SPF 15 or higher), coffee packets, beef jerky, on-the-go packs to flavor bottled water, protein/granola bars, baby wipes (non oily, in travel size packages), toothbrushes, toothpaste (travel size), travel size games, deodorant, eye drops, lotion (travel size), nasal spray, shampoo and conditioner (travel size).
You're also encouraged to write a letter of thanks and encouragement to service members.
If you'd like to show your support, the drive is running from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday at Coulee Christian School at 230 W. Garland Street in West Salem.
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Minnesota House set for floor vote on Real ID
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city
- Dayton blasts Trump's transgender bathroom reversal
- Ohio, Wisconsin kick start interstate talks on Trump effect
- Discrimination lawsuit against Rochester schools dismissed
- Fresh snow possible for American Birkebeiner