LA CROSSE, Wis. - Local students take the next step in their education.
16 Juniors and Seniors from La Crosse Central and Logan High Schools completed a "Next Steps" course to prepare them for college.
The class is offered through Western Technical College.19618332
It's directed toward multicultural students introducing them to finding financial aid, figuring out the career they want, and anything else it takes to be successful after high school. "I'm more prepared towards college than before, I really didn't know what I wanted to do and what college was about," said Central Junior Mai Kue Xiong.
"I got to meet somebody in that field and it struck me as that's exactly what I want, and that's exactly what I thought it is," said Logan High School senior Thomas Brown.
The students celebrated with family and friends Wednesday night for completing the 10 week program.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death