LA CROSSE, Wis. - A snowy winter caused problems for blood donations during the past few months.
Several blood drives were cancelled this winter due to snow storms, causing the blood supply to be low at times.
To help increase donations the Western Technical College Student Nursing Association organized a blood drive Thursday. This is one of two blood drives the student nurses organize every year. While the students don't draw the blood the experience encourages team work.
The Blood Center of Wisconsin says events like this are important because there is always a need for blood.19512956
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.