LA CROSSE, Wis. - A snowy winter caused problems for blood donations during the past few months.
Several blood drives were cancelled this winter due to snow storms, causing the blood supply to be low at times.
To help increase donations the Western Technical College Student Nursing Association organized a blood drive Thursday. This is one of two blood drives the student nurses organize every year. While the students don't draw the blood the experience encourages team work.
The Blood Center of Wisconsin says events like this are important because there is always a need for blood.19512956
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building