LA CROSSE, Wis. - Local student athletes are learning how to be better leaders.
It was part of the Mississippi Valley Conference annual sportsmanship and leadership conference Thursday.
Athletes representing every grade from seven local school gathered at Logan High School. They heard from a motivational speaker about how to improve leadership and teamwork skills both in sports and in the classroom. Then they got a chance to meet students from other schools.
"I think a big part of it is breaking down barriers and being able to meet people from other schools," said Logan High School student Kendall Fowler. "Getting us all together in one room will make us work together and be able to meet each other and so when we see each other on the field and court we'll all know each other and get along and it will just better our conference I think," said Holmen High School student Joe Hudson.
This was the 16th year the MVC has held the event.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial