TREMPELEAU COUNTY, Wis. - The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Office raised $850 to help sheriff's deputies affected by Hurricane Sandy in Union County, New Jersey.
The office raised the money as part of the Sheriff's Adopting Sheriffs program, organized by the Badger State Sheriff's Association (BSSA).
The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Office says in just over six weeks, 54 of Wisconsin's Sheriff Departments, their employees and local supporters raised more than $36,300. Four deputies from the Union County Sheriff's office, who were personally affected by the hurricane, received $9,074 to help with disaster relief assistance.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership