TREMPELEAU COUNTY, Wis. - The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Office raised $850 to help sheriff's deputies affected by Hurricane Sandy in Union County, New Jersey.
The office raised the money as part of the Sheriff's Adopting Sheriffs program, organized by the Badger State Sheriff's Association (BSSA).
The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Office says in just over six weeks, 54 of Wisconsin's Sheriff Departments, their employees and local supporters raised more than $36,300. Four deputies from the Union County Sheriff's office, who were personally affected by the hurricane, received $9,074 to help with disaster relief assistance.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016