LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It's hard not to be touched by the devastation coming out of the south and Midwest after deadly tornadoes this week.
Now, a local Red Cross volunteer is heading that way to help.
Shirley Stinson is one of two volunteers from the area traveling to Mississippi after a series of tornadoes caused widespread damage.
She will be working as a client case supervisor providing relief services for those in need.
Stinson says going to help the victims was an easy choice, especially after seeing the devastation.
"Every time you go onto deployment, you just see people suffering and nobody should have to go without basic necessities and if I can help them get that, it just, they need that, they need help and I'm willing to go and do it," said Stinson.
If you are interested in becoming a Red Cross volunteer or simply want to help, visit redcross.org.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity