LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A Local Red Cross volunteer is heading to Illinois to help tornado victims.
Shirley Stinson is joining several other volunteers from Wisconsin to help with recovery efforts. They will help get people basics like food, shelter, and clothing. They will also help them get the resources to help start the recovery process.
Right now, there are 19 Red Cross shelters helping about 100 people.
The local Red Cross director says the two week trip will not only help victims, but it will be valuable learning experience. "The volunteer, she goes down there, she'll be helping those people start their recovery, getting them the resources they need, but then when she comes back, she brings that experience here locally to help our community be more resilient," said Regional Director Kyle Kriegl.
To find out more information on how to donate to the Red Cross or even volunteer, you can visit their website at www.redcross.org.23104424
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans