LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Republican and Democratic leaders found some common ground in La Crosse. They want to help children in need have a present this Christmas.
La Crosse Co. Republican Chair Julian Bradley and Democratic party member Andrew Londre are once again uniting to gather toys for the La Crosse Jaycees Toys for Tots program.
It collects new and gently used toys for local kids.
The two started their joint effort last year, putting aside their ideologies during a politically divisive year to help our community. "We realize that we both have goals for our community and this is one of our common goals, and I'm sure there are many more," said Julian Bradley.23351192
"Certainly, we're going to disagree on a lot of political matters, but at the end of the day who doesn't think that it's a great idea to collect toys for children in need and try to help them out?" said Andrew Londre.
Bins for "Together for Toys" will be at the Black River Beach House starting on Monday. You can drop toys off from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks