LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Democrats and Republicans can't agree on much, but two local political figures came together to help kids in need.
Democrat Andrew Londre and local Republican Julian Bradley came together for the second year to hold the Together for Toys drive to benefit the La Crosse Jaycees Toys for Tots.
They say the response this year was overwhelming and left them speechless. The biggest donation came from Blain's Farm and Fleet, which donated more than $6,000 worth of toys.
"There are hundreds and hundreds of toys here that are now going to be in the hands of children in our community that wouldn't have had them otherwise," Londre said.
"I think this shows what can happen when people who may disagree on certain issues come together for the good of the community I mean, this blew us away," Bradley said.
The two men had to get a moving van to transport all the toys. They say they will definitely hold the Together for Toys drive next year.23480068
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing