LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Local people and businesses dedicated to giving back to our community were honored Friday. It was part of National Philanthropy Day.
Dr. Tom Thompson and his wife Jean were recognized for their volunteer work.
Marjorie and Charlie Collins have been giving back to the community for 65 years, and Alyson and Ashley LaRue are being called outstanding youths in philanthropy. Festival foods was also honored as a philanthropic organization.
Organizers say it's important to recognize their hard work and encourage other people to give back to their community. "I think it starts with people's passions and what truly motivates them in their heart and I think it also starts with people wanting to make their communities the best they can be and support the people in them," said Megan Sadowski of the local Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, the group that handed out the awards.22998896
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.