LA CROSSE, Wis. - A pair of local organizations get a financial boost thanks to hundreds of people who were encouraged to run from the cops.
More than 350 people took part in the Onalaska Professional Police Association's annual "Run from the Cops" 5k run-walk last month.
The Onalaska- Holmen Food Basket is one of the organizations getting a check.
The $3,000 donation will help feed about one thousand people, and the board president says it comes at a time of great need.17590630
"It seems like every month we get 15-20 new families, so yeah it is significant and this will help us because our shelves are lower than they should be this time of year," said the Food Basket's Board President Michael Paoli.
The Santa's List program which helps Christmas happen for families in need received a $1,000 check.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure