LA CROSSE, Wis. - A pair of local organizations get a financial boost thanks to hundreds of people who were encouraged to run from the cops.
More than 350 people took part in the Onalaska Professional Police Association's annual "Run from the Cops" 5k run-walk last month.
The Onalaska- Holmen Food Basket is one of the organizations getting a check.
The $3,000 donation will help feed about one thousand people, and the board president says it comes at a time of great need.17590630
"It seems like every month we get 15-20 new families, so yeah it is significant and this will help us because our shelves are lower than they should be this time of year," said the Food Basket's Board President Michael Paoli.
The Santa's List program which helps Christmas happen for families in need received a $1,000 check.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota